Re: IRQ issues, (nobody cared, disabled), not USB

From: Christopher Swingley
Date: Fri Jul 09 2004 - 10:34:07 EST

Andrew,

* Andrew Morton <akpm@xxxxxxxx> [2004-Jul-08 21:05 AKDT]:
> Christopher Swingley <cswingle@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > 03:27:26 kernel: irq 7: nobody cared!
> > I've tried booting without ACPI, and I've tried an eepro100 card
> > instead of the 8139too that's causing the error above.
>
> hmm, so the eepro100 failed in the same way as the rtl8139?

Yes indeed. I had the eepro100 in there initially and after it started
dropping out, I figured I'd see if an 8139too would (I know it sounds
odd. . .) work better.

> It would be useful if you could go back to 2.6.5 for a while, so we
> can mostly-eliminate a hardware glitch.

I'm back in 2.6.5 now. Any other tests I can perform to help eliminate
the potential for a hardware problem? The timing of the failure is so
irregular that it would seem to point to a hardware flaw, but who knows.

I can no longer recall when this first started happening, but there's a
good chance this happened when I was running 2.6.5 too. I track the
vanilla releases pretty closely.

Thanks,

Chris
--