Re: writepage fs corruption fixes

From: Andrea Arcangeli
Date: Thu Jul 08 2004 - 23:43:04 EST

Hi Andrew,

On Thu, Jul 08, 2004 at 09:29:23PM -0700, Andrew Morton wrote:
> ooh, nasty, yes. You must be testing the crap out if it.

;) thanks for the immediate review!

BTW, the new mpage code looks great, it's a pity that reiserfs and ext3
don't use it yet.

> PG_writeback protects the page from truncate, from invalidate and from page
> reclaim. pagevec_strip() won't touch the buffers due to the
> PageWriteback() test in try_to_release_page(). So I think we're OK in
> there. I can add a couple more coment fixes for this.

Indeed, sorry. I should have watched more carefully for the writeback
bitflag but I was still in "anything that looks a bug close it and try
again" mode when I made the two "noop" changes ;)