2.6.6 kernel memory space

From: sirpj
Date: Thu Jul 08 2004 - 17:36:22 EST

Hi,

I have found a lot of documentation on how linux is addressing the 4 gig
issue... But what I would like to know is how much space does the kernel
have to run a kernel process? For example, if I build a module that
allocates storage for a linked list of structures (that are 64 bytes in
size) how long can my list be before the kernel runs out of memory? Can
kernel space programs use Virtual Memory -- or do they just have access to
1 GB?

thanks a lot,

Jenn