Kernel 2.6.7 hangs..

From: Robert Horton
Date: Wed Jul 07 2004 - 17:39:11 EST

Hi all,

I have recently completed building a LFS (linux from scratch) system which uses the 2.6.7 kernel on a i686 machine. Upon reboot the systems hangs after the BIOS RAM mapping. Specifically:

-snip-
511MB LOWMEM available
On node 0 totalpages: 131056
DMA zone: 4096 pages, LIFO batch: 1
Normal zone: 126960 pages, LIFO batch: 16
HighMem zone: 0 pages, LIFO batch: 1

and that is as far as it goes unless it takes an inordinate amount of time to continue past that point. I did leave it for approximately four minutes and had no further progression.

I searched the archives and while I did not find anything pertaining this I did see that the next logical progression deals with DMI and ACPI so I do not know if it is hanging at the memory portion or the next portion.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Rob