Re: HELP: Cannot get ALSA working on via82xx

From: Timothy Miller
Date: Wed Jul 07 2004 - 13:05:14 EST

I must once again reiterate my begging for help on this topic. I've gotten lots of help on the gentoo forum, but none of it's fixed my problems, and I've only gotten one response on LKML.

*BEG* *BEG* *BEG*

Please, won't someone take pity on me? :) Thanks!

Timothy Miller wrote:
Hi. I'm a list member, subscribed as miller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, but I am not at work right now, so I'm posting from my spam account. :)

Anyhow, I'm having a heck of a time getting ALSA to work. I have an ABIT KD7, which has the KT400 chipset. I have determined that the applicable driver is "via82xx". I'm using kernel "gentoo-dev-sources-2.6.7-r7".

Right now, the state is that regular digital audio works, but MIDI refuses to work, and some other audio channel is on which produces random clicks and other such noise.

There's tons I can tell you about my system, but most of what you probably need to know about my situation and what questions have been asked, etc can be found by looking at this Gentoo forums discussion that I started: "http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=193711";. Please have a look and see if you can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks!