Re: 2.6.7-ck5

From: Con Kolivas
Date: Wed Jul 07 2004 - 10:49:52 EST

John Richard Moser wrote:
Very nice, Con. I've been using ck1 and ck3 with pax applied, and
finding performance to be exceptional. I'll merge current 2.6.7-pax
with this and test it out right away.

Great! The ck4 performance was actually substantially better than ck3 (on the desktop) so here's hoping you enjoy ck5 which basically performs the same.

When do you think the staircase, batch, and isometric scheduling will
reach mainline-quality? Do you think you'll be ready to ask Andrew to
merge it soon, or will it be a while before it's quite ready for that?

Well I think they're all ready for prime time now, I just dont think prime time is ready for it. This is too large a change for mainline 2.6 which keeps -ck in business ;)

How about autoregulated swappiness, which seems to be very efficient at
its job?

It's been around for quite a while, and akpm has not expressed any interest in it so I think this will only ever flounder in the -ck domain.

Cheers,
Con

P.S. You seem to have preempted the arrival of my -ck5 announcement to lkml, as will this response. lkml does that sometimes...
P.P.S. It's "isochronous scheduling" :P Means "same time".