cardbus/pci question

From: Alexander Sirotkin
Date: Tue Jul 06 2004 - 07:31:52 EST

I could not find any information on this in the archives, so I thought I might ask it here.

Theoretically, it should be possible to write cardbus driver as a regular PCI driver. It will
not support hotplug, of course, but if one can assume that the hardware is plugged in by the
time the driver is loaded, it should work. One issue does bother me a little bit - cardbus is
connected to the PCI bus through a bridge. The question is - do I have to configure that bridge
from my driver (to get memory mappings and interrupts), because obviously the OS won't
do it for me when I'm not registered as cardbus driver.

Thanks.

In your answer, please CC me since I'm not subscribed to the list.

--
Alexander Sirotkin
SW Engineer

Texas Instruments