Re: Synaptics not working with 2.6.7-mm6 (usb fixed)

From: Norbert Preining
Date: Tue Jul 06 2004 - 05:33:34 EST

Hi Andrew, hi Dmitry!

Some more information on the Oops, a second Oops with bkusb and
usb-locking-fix reverted

On Mon, 05 Jul 2004, Dmitry Torokhov wrote:
> > input: SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad on isa0060/serio1
>
> Try making psmouse modular as well and load it _after_ all USB stuff is
> loaded - you may be having issues with USB Legacy emulation.

Ok, this has fixed it. At least the other way round: compiling in the
basic usb stuff and psmouse did the trick in -mm6, too.

On Mon, 05 Jul 2004, Andrew Morton wrote:
> > With 2.6.7-mm6 my laptop stops working completely. Ooops while booting.
> >
> > Reverting
> > - usb-locking-fix.patch
> > - bk-usb.patch
> > makes it work.
>
> OK.
>
> > Yre you interested in the output of the kernel oops? I could recompile
> > the `bad' kernel and copy the Oops by hand from the screen.
>
> Yes, please.

Attached is:
- config-2.6.7-mm6
the config file for both runs
The following oops files were created with FULL mm6:
- dmesg.mm6.oops
the dmesg output together with the oops
- ksymoops.mm6.txt
the output of ksymoops on the above file
There is another Oops with bk-usb and usb-locking-fix reverted:
- ksymoops.mm6.2nd.txt

> - Revert the USB patches
> - boot, record the `dmesg -s 1000000' output
> - revert bk-input.patch, see if that fixess the touchpad.
> - if it does, capture the `dmesg -s 1000000' output again.

I leave this out for now as it works when compiling in input,usb,psmouse
etc.

Best wishes

Norbert

Norbert Preining <preining AT logic DOT at> Technische Universität Wien