Re: Continue: psmouse.c - synaptics touchpad driver sync problem

From: Marc Waeckerlin
Date: Tue Jul 06 2004 - 02:29:29 EST

Am Donnerstag, 1. Juli 2004 15.03 schrieb Dmitry Torokhov unter "Re: Continue:
psmouse.c - synaptics touchpad driver sync problem":
> Just out of curiosity, what happens when you pass psmouse.proto=bare to the
> kernel as a boot option (or put "options psmouse proto=bare" in your
> /etc/modprobe.conf file if psmouse is compiled as a module)?ÂÂÂÂ

I tested again with psmouse.proto=bare and psmouse.resetafter=3 and *internal*
touchpad/keyboard *only*. Last time, I told you, there's no ovious effect and
it still does not work. That might be correct for the external equipment, but
with internal mouse, the effects are much more subtile:

psmouse.proto=bare

-> Now the internal mouse behaves as bad as the external one! It jumps around
like crazy and clicks everywhere. That means, problems No. 3 and No.4 now
also apply to the internal mouse!

-> But problem No. 5 is resolved! Clicking on the touchpad does a button-1
click.

psmouse.resetafter=3

-> Problems No. 1 and No. 2 now become much worse! That means when moving the
mouse cursor, cursor often stops/blocks. Then I have to keep the fingers off
the touchpad for several seconds, before I can continue to move the mouse.
Either regardless of the system load, or the lowest system load can start
this effect, that's not so clear.

-> Also the cursor now jumps much more than ever before.

So, that might be a way for a workaround: Can "reset" be disabled, e.g.
secifying "psmouse.resetafter=0"?

Regards
Marc