kernel image reproducibility...

From: Dave Airlie
Date: Mon Jul 05 2004 - 21:06:40 EST

Hi,
I'm going to do this for myself anyway but I'm wondering if anyone
here has either done this before or knows a nice way to do it..

I've got a system for a regulated market based on a standard 2.6.6 kernel,
now the problem I have is I have to be able to rebuild the exact same
kernel image months or years from now on a different system, now I have my
own toolchain so that isn't a major issue, the problem I have is the
kernel's compile.h file ..

My plan at the moment is probably just to replace the script that creates
that file with a hack to make the file the same always... anyone any nicer
way to do this?

Thanks,
Dave.

--
David Airlie, Software Engineer
http://www.skynet.ie/~airlied / airlied at skynet.ie
pam_smb / Linux DECstation / Linux VAX / ILUG person