Re: 2.6.7-mm6 - ppc32 inconsistent kallsyms data

From: Joseph Fannin
Date: Mon Jul 05 2004 - 15:40:49 EST

On Mon, Jul 05, 2004 at 02:31:20AM -0700, Andrew Morton wrote:
> ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/akpm/patches/2.6/2.6.7/2.6.7-mm6/

I'm getting this while building for ppc32:

Inconsistent kallsyms data, try setting CONFIG_KALLSYMS_EXTRA_PASS

This didn't happen with -mm5.

The help text for CONFIG_KALLSYMS_EXTRA_PASS says I should report a
bug, and reads like kallsyms is a utility or part of the toolchain;
I think it's talking about the kernel feature though, so I guess
I'll report it here. I'll keep this tree around in case any more
information is needed.

While I'm asking, should I CC Paul Mackerras and/or BenH when reporting build
problems on my Powermac in the -mm tree?

--
Joseph Fannin
jhf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Bull in pure form is rare; there is usually some contamination by data."
-- William G. Perry Jr.