Re: [ANNOUNCE] Minneapolis Cluster Summit, July 29-30

From: Daniel Phillips
Date: Mon Jul 05 2004 - 15:25:46 EST

On Monday 05 July 2004 15:08, Chris Friesen wrote:
> Daniel Phillips wrote:
> > Don't you think we ought to take a look at how OCFS and GFS might
> > share some of the same infrastructure, for example, the DLM and
> > cluster membership services?
>
> For cluster membership, you might consider looking at the OpenAIS CLM
> portion. It would be nice if this type of thing was unified across
> more than just filesystems.

My own project is a block driver, that's not a filesystem, right?
Cluster membership services as implemented by Sistina are generic,
symmetric and (hopefully) raceless. See:

http://www.usenix.org/publications/library/proceedings/als00/2000papers/papers/full_papers/preslan/preslan.pdf

There is much overlap between the OpenAIS and Sistina's Symmetric
Cluster Architecture. You are right, we do need to get together.

By the way, how do I get your source code if I don't agree with the
BitKeeper license?

Regards,

Daniel