Re: 2.6.7-mm6

From: Martin Knoblauch
Date: Mon Jul 05 2004 - 09:43:58 EST

>ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/akpm/patches/2.6/2.6.7/2.6.7-mm6/
>
>- Added the DVD-RW/CD-RW packet writing patches. These need more work.
>
>- The USB update seems deadlocky. I fixed one bug but it still causes
my
>ia64 test box to lock up on boot. If it goes bad, please revert
>usb-locking-fix.patch and then revert bk-usb.patch. Retest and send a
report
>to linux-kernel and linux-usb-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

same Omnibook problem as reported for mm1-mm3. If local APIC is
enabled in kernel config and "nolapic" is specified on boot line, the
notbook will hang in the Bogomips calibration loop.

Only solutions so far are "acpi=no" (but no "nolapic") or taking local
APIC out of the configuration (which I will do from now on).

Cheers
Martin

=====