2.6.7-mm6 and usb deadlock (and synaptics)

From: Norbert Preining
Date: Mon Jul 05 2004 - 08:12:57 EST

Hi Andrew!

With 2.6.7-mm6 my laptop stops working completely. Ooops while booting.

Reverting
- usb-locking-fix.patch
- bk-usb.patch
makes it work.

Yre you interested in the output of the kernel oops? I could recompile
the `bad' kernel and copy the Oops by hand from the screen.

BTW: With 2.6.7-mm6 my synaptics touchpad is not recognized anymore at
boot time from the driver. Is this done somewhere in the usb stuff?

And X does not start because it cannot find the synaptics stuff. Have
there been any changes in this area?

Best wishes

Norbert

Norbert Preining <preining AT logic DOT at> Technische Universität Wien