Re: move O_LARGEFILE forcing to filp_open()

From: Arnd Bergmann
Date: Sun Jul 04 2004 - 12:26:17 EST

On Sonntag, 4. Juli 2004 18:15, William Lee Irwin III wrote:
> Your patch is also necessary; thanks for covering these cases.

I'm not sure if you understood the intention of compat_sys_open
right. Old 32 bit applications assume they are not using O_LARGEFILE,
so you can't switch it on unconditionally in filp_open() for those
cases. With your patch applied, sys_open and compat_sys_open would
be identical again, which reverses the point of my patch.

What is need is a way to turn on O_LARGEFILE on 64 bit archs for
every use of filp_open _except_ from compat_sys_open.

Arnd <><