Re: MSI to memory?

From: Bjorn Helgaas
Date: Fri Jul 02 2004 - 10:52:13 EST

On Thursday 01 July 2004 12:53 pm, Rajesh Shah wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 01, 2004 at 12:15:59PM -0600, Bjorn Helgaas wrote:
> > If so, is that a useful capability that should be exposed through
> > the Linux MSI interface?
> What type of usage model did you have in mind to have the
> device write to memory instead of using MSI for interrupts?

I'm not a driver writer. I don't have any usage model in mind. I'm
merely asking whether this is interesting functionality, because I
don't see any generic way to use it, given the current Linux MSI
interfaces. I guess the answer is "the time to figure out an interface
is when somebody figures out an interesting way to use it."