Re: PPC64: vio_find_node removal?

From: Hollis Blanchard
Date: Fri Jul 02 2004 - 09:29:53 EST

On Jul 1, 2004, at 5:51 PM, Dmitry Torokhov wrote:

Ok, so if we add call to kobject_get in kset_find_obj we can just add
kobject_put right in vio_find_name because there can be only one-to-one
match between a slot and a vio device and we don't need refcounting there,
right?

Hmm. Yes, I agree that we need kobject_get and _put between kset_find_obj() and vio_find_name().

As for the lack of vio_dev refcounting... I think we can get away with it because rpaphp_vio.c is the only user who might unregister a vio_dev.

--
Hollis Blanchard
IBM Linux Technology Center