Dependant modules question

From: Vladislav Bolkhovitin
Date: Fri Jul 02 2004 - 07:36:27 EST

Hello,

I need some assistance with the kernel build system. It looks like this topic is not covered anywhere, at least I didn't find anything.

I have two modules, A and B, where B is dependant from A, i.e. uses some exported from it symbols. Both modules are built outside of the kernel tree.

With A everything is fine, it's compiled and installed with other kernel modules in /lib/modules/2.6.7/extra.

Then module B is built. Here I have a problem. Module A is not listed as the module from which B depends in .mod.c file, therefore there are "Undefined symbols" warnings and it is impossible to load B, even though A is loaded.

So, the question is: what should I do to make A be seen as exporting some symbols by the kernel and its build system?

The kernel is 2.4.7, EXPORT_SYMBOL() used in A as required.

Thanks,
Vlad