Re: Voodoo3 2000 is eating my chars!

From: Zephaniah E. Hull
Date: Fri Jul 02 2004 - 02:39:26 EST

On Thu, Jul 01, 2004 at 08:55:27PM +0200, DervishD wrote:
> Hi all :)
>
> I recently put a Voodoo3 2000 (AGP) card to my home linux box,
> and now I have a problem in the console. When switching from X to the
> console, some chars dissappear, or appear cut, etc. I've googled for
> this, but with no success. Is this a known bug? Maybe an X bug?

This is actually an X bug, which I thought I had fixed a long time ago
when I was still doing 3Dfx stuff.

On console switch not all the state is being restored properly,
specificly the font is getting screwed up, simply reloading the font
should work fine though.

I no longer have either an X tree to easily play in, nor a 3Dfx card in
a box to test with, so I'm afraid that you're going to have to bug the X
people.

--
1024D/E65A7801 Zephaniah E. Hull <warp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
92ED 94E4 B1E6 3624 226D 5727 4453 008B E65A 7801