Re: reiserfs bug

From: Oleg Drokin
Date: Thu Jul 01 2004 - 15:46:13 EST

Hello!

Hongwei Li <hwli98@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
HL> My machine am running linux-2.4.25, it crash in the
HL> reiser_panic.
HL> I looked at the oops and find out the followings:
HL> check_leaf_block_head pass the 0 as "sb" value, and
HL> cause reiser_panic crash.
HL> Any fix for this?

Well, reiserfs_panic is supposed to crash with BUG().
And the reason for the reiserfs_panic call seems to be on-disk corruption
in your case.

HL> reiserfs_panic (0, "vs-6020:
HL> check_leaf_block_head: invalid free space %z", bh);

This is fine.

HL> void reiserfs_panic (struct super_block * sb, const
HL> char * fmt, ...)
HL> {
HL> show_reiserfs_locks() ;
HL> do_reiserfs_warning(fmt);
HL> printk ( KERN_EMERG "%s (device %s)\n", error_buf,
HL> bdevname(sb->s_dev));

This line looks this way in current bk tree:
panic ("REISERFS: panic (device %s): %s\n",
sb ? kdevname(sb->s_dev) : "sb == 0", error_buf);
And I think it was like this for some significant time already.
bk diffs output suggest that this change was in there since Feb 4th, 2002.

Are you using vanilla tree?
I seem to remember that bdevname was used early in 2.5.

Bye,
Oleg