Re: Real time

From: Richard B. Johnson
Date: Thu Jul 01 2004 - 05:59:06 EST

On Thu, 1 Jul 2004, michael trimarchi wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm working on porting modular real time scheduler on linux layer ...
> I'm using only kernel thread... Actually I dont't call the
> kernel_thread(init, .... and I inizialize my scheduler and OS struct...
> I schedule my kernel thread... I'm trying to use the printk in the
> kernel_thread but sometimes I dont't having result on the console. The
> console does't print my debug on screen... Is there an unburred printk?
>
> Best regards
> Michael Trimarchi

You probably need to set up your kernel thread correctly. You should
use:
kernel_thread(your_thread, NULL, CLONE_FS|CLONE_FILES);

your_thread(void *whatever)
{
exit_files(current);
daemonize();
/.../ fix up signals, etc.
}

Without CLONE_FILES, the file-descriptors and handles ultimately
used for printk() may not work.

Cheers,
Dick Johnson
Penguin : Linux version 2.4.26 on an i686 machine (5570.56 BogoMips).