Re: Sony Vaio dmi_scan.c patch!

From: Andrey Panin
Date: Thu Jul 01 2004 - 04:47:00 EST

On 183, 07 01, 2004 at 11:05:56AM +0000, Leonardo G. Di Lella wrote:
> Hello,
>
> there is a false entry in the dmi_scan.c while identifing the Sony Vaio.
>
> { sony_vaio_laptop, "Sony Vaio", { /* This is a Sony Vaio laptop */
> MATCH(DMI_SYS_VENDOR, "Sony Corporation"),
> MATCH(DMI_PRODUCT_NAME, "PCG-"),
> NO_MATCH, NO_MATCH,
> } },
>
> This is the origin part of the kernel (2.6.7). The main problem is that
> this works only with older Vaio (PCG-) models. So the best solution is
> to replace the MATCH(DMI_PRODUCT_NAME, "PCG-") with NO_MATCH,
> because PCG- is referring to a special model and not to all sony vaios.

With this change, it will match all computers made by Sony. Are you
really sure that they all have Vaio compatible hardware ?

> I have the VGN- model, so the kernel doesnt recognize it as a sony vaio.
> I have replaced the line and now it works. Better change this, for other
> sony vaio users.

New DMI entry will do the same, without risk of false positives.

Best regards.

--
Andrey Panin | Linux and UNIX system administrator
pazke@xxxxxxxxx | PGP key: wwwkeys.pgp.net