Re: [Lhms-devel] new memory hotremoval patch

From: IWAMOTO Toshihiro
Date: Wed Jun 30 2004 - 21:11:24 EST

At Wed, 30 Jun 2004 16:31:12 -0700,
Dave Hansen wrote:

> On Wed, 2004-06-30 at 04:17, IWAMOTO Toshihiro wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > this is an updated version of my memory hotremoval patch.
> > I'll only include the main patch which contains page remapping code.
> > The other two files, which haven't changed much from April, can be
> > found at http://people.valinux.co.jp/~iwamoto/mh.html .
>
> I tried your code and it oopsed pretty fast:

This is because I forgot to update rotate.sh in my web page last night.
I've updated the file, please download and try again.

It is also necessary to issue several "plug" commands before running
rotate.sh.

# echo plug 1 > /proc/memhotplug
# echo plug 2 > /proc/memhotplug

> physnode_map 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
> Warning only 1920MB will be used.
> Use a HIGHMEM enabled kernel.
> 1892MB LOWMEM available.

Did you use 2G/2G split? That config should work too, but I usually
test with CONFIG_HIGHMEM4G and CONFIG_MEMHOTPLUG_BLKSIZE=512.

--
IWAMOTO Toshihiro