RE: 2.6.7 oops in psmouse/serio while booting

From: Dmitry Torokhov
Date: Wed Jun 30 2004 - 11:02:18 EST

Hi Tom,
> > Hi,
> >
> > Could you please try the patch below?
> >
> > --
> > Dmitry
> >

> Dmitry,
>
> Thanks for the quick response. That fixed it.
>
> FYI, I still get
> input: PS/2 XXX Mouse on isa0060/serio1
> I booted 10 times, and "XXX" was "Generic" 7 times and "Logitech" 3 times.

This is still bad, I would prefer your Logitech mouse be identified
as such every time. Could you please try changing #undef DEBUG to
#define DEBUG in drivers/input/serio/i8042.c nad sending me 2 dmesg
oputputs - one when the mouse identified as "Generic" and one where
it is identified as "Logitech" - maybe I will see somethng there.
You might need log_buf_size=131072 kernel option to capture entire
dmesg and use "dmesg -s 131072" to dump it.

You can send the logs directly to me to not litter the mailing list.

> But no more oops. :^)
This is good ;) Still it was somewhat a stop-gap measure - something
else is going on - it was not supposed to hit that place in the
code yet.

Thank you for testing my patch.

--
Dmitry