Re: 2.6.4 and 2.6.7 page allocation failure / e1000 related ?

From: Nick Piggin
Date: Wed Jun 30 2004 - 02:04:58 EST

Christopher S. Aker wrote:
Hello,

I've had this appear in dmesg a few times on a number of different systems, all
identical hardware: SuperMicro 6013P-i dual Xeon, with 4GB of RAM, built-in e1000
NICs connected via 100Mbit switch.

It doesn't appear to cause any ill effects. I haven't provided all the variations
of the messages, but the consistent thing between them are the e1000_* calls.
This isn't an OOM situation, the machines are only a handful of MB into swap (if
that).

It shouldn't cause any problems, although an order 0 failure
shouldn't be happening often.

It is possible we want to increase /proc/sys/vm/min_free_kbytes
a bit, or increase the amount of extra memory a __GFP_HIGH
allocation can get access to.

You could try the increasing former and see if that helps.