odd dmesg for bootup of 2.6.7-mm3

From: Gene Heskett
Date: Tue Jun 29 2004 - 00:21:26 EST

Greetings;

I may not be subbed to this list, mailbox overflow while I was gone
for a week. So CC me at my return addy please until I get that
squared away.

I just rebooted to 2.6.7-mm3, and noticed this bit of whatever in my
dmesg file:
Serial: 8250/16550 driver $Revision: 1.90 $ 6 ports, IRQ sharing
enabled
ttyS0 at I/O 0x3f8 (irq = 4) is a 16550A
ttyS1 at I/O 0x2f8 (irq = 3) is a 16550A
serial: guess board returned false
serial: guess board returned false
serial: guess board returned false
serial: guess board returned false
serial: guess board returned false
serial: guess board returned false
serial: guess board returned false
serial: guess board returned false
serial: guess board returned false
serial: guess board returned false
serial: guess board returned false
serial: guess board returned false
parport: PnPBIOS parport detected.
parport0: PC-style at 0x378, irq 7 [PCSPP,TRISTATE,EPP]
lp0: using parport0 (interrupt-driven).
Using cfq io scheduler

First, the board only has 2 seriel ports, so why is it checking for 6?

Also, the mouse seems to be back to normal, whereas the dbl-click rate
was maybe 200ms when booted to 2.6.7-mm1, so thats apparently fixed.

Finally, which scheduler is the prefered scheduler now? I'm using cfq
because it seems to be more stable for the keyboard autorepeat
functions where the default can put me well below once per second and
lag to beat all in kmail.

--
Cheers, Gene
There are 4 boxes to be used in defense of liberty.