Re: 2.6.x signal handler bug

From: Steve G
Date: Sun Jun 27 2004 - 21:02:00 EST

> > So, maybe the restoring to SIG_DFL was not required, but it doesn't seem
> > incorrect either. It may be a bit surprising.

Right. Thanks for looking deeper Andries. I understood Davide's explanation and
then immediately wondered why the program worked under 2.4. I want to think 2.4
was emulating the unreliable signal from the past when signal() was used.

My main concern is that the behavior change may have broken some applications
that used to work. For example, valgrind caught & reported a problem under 2.4,
but valgrind never had a chance to catch it under 2.6.

> I think so. Maybe the attached patch?

I've applied the second patch to my kernel & started recompiling. I'll re-test it
tomrrow.

Thanks,
-Steve Grubb