2.6.7 - drm broken for radeon mobility M6?

From: Samuel Mimram
Date: Sun Jun 27 2004 - 12:34:33 EST

Hello,

I think the drm for my Radeon Mobility M6 might be broken since the
2.6.7 release of the kernel.

I have no problems running X under the 2.6.6 kernel (built from Debian
sources). However when I start it under a 2.6.7 kernel (built from
vanilla sources) there is a black screen when X starts and the
computer is freezed (I am not even able to switch to a console). I
believe that this might be related to the radeon drm:
- when I use the vesa driver or when I disable the hardware acceleration
(NoAccel option), X starts correctly;
- when I enable hardware acceleration but I comment the line which sets
AGPMode to 4, X runs correctly for about 20 seconds an then freezes (I
cannot switch to a console and the SysRq are the only things left to
do);
- when hardware acceleration is activated and AGPMode is set to 4 X
freezes immediately.

Top shows that XFree86 takes more than 95% of the processor.

I have put some files (syslog, XFree86.log, etc) which might be of
interest for you here:
http://perso.ens-lyon.fr/samuel.mimram/radeoncrash/

Feel free to tell me if you want me to do some experiments,
etc.

Thanks,

Samuel.

PS: please CC me directly on reply since I'm not subscribed on the ml.