Assuming someone else called the IRQ

From: Alistair John Strachan
Date: Sat Jun 26 2004 - 12:09:48 EST

Hi,

Every kernel in the 2.6 serious so far has exhibited the same problem; after
some time of running my desktop system, I get:

Assuming someone else called the IRQ

Spamming to the kernel log. Any idea what's causing this or how I can work out
which driver has the bug? (I suspect yenta_socket, it didn't happen prior to
me buying a PCI -> PCMCIA cardbus adaptor).

[alistair] 18:04 [~] uname -r
2.6.7

[alistair] 18:06 [~] cat /proc/interrupts
CPU0
0: 250894252 XT-PIC timer
1: 176607 IO-APIC-edge i8042
8: 1 IO-APIC-edge rtc
9: 0 IO-APIC-level acpi
14: 154556 IO-APIC-edge ide0
15: 1427469 IO-APIC-edge ide1
16: 4 IO-APIC-level bttv0
17: 1050146 IO-APIC-level ide2, ide3
18: 1397064 IO-APIC-level EMU10K1
19: 8748235 IO-APIC-level ohci1394, yenta, eth0
20: 2 IO-APIC-level ehci_hcd
21: 3 IO-APIC-level ohci_hcd, ohci1394
22: 1218068 IO-APIC-level ohci_hcd
NMI: 0
LOC: 250913490
ERR: 1
MIS: 3996

Although I have an nvidia video card in the system, the module was not loaded
and X was not started, so I find it unlikely that this could be to blame. The
video card would share IRQ 19 as well, if the driver was loaded.

[alistair] 18:06 [~] uptime
18:07:35 up 2 days, 21:41, 2 users, load average: 0.13, 0.35, 0.26

Any suggestions would be very helpful.

--
Cheers,
Alistair.