Re: KBD failure in X?

From: Dmitry Torokhov
Date: Fri Jun 25 2004 - 21:12:13 EST

On Friday 25 June 2004 05:50 pm, tom st denis wrote:
> Hi, I'm running Gentoo Linux on an x86 Laptop [Compaq Presario]. I've
> been running 2.4.26, 2.6.6-rc3 and 2.6.7 for a while [well 2.6.7 ever
> since it came out].
>
> Now just recently I've been getting error [see attached dmesg log].
> XFree doesn't report any errors it just shuts down [yeah helpful!].

If you referring to these messages:

atkbd.c: Spurious ACK on isa0060/serio0. Some program, like XFree86, might be trying access hardware directly.
atkbd.c: Spurious ACK on isa0060/serio0. Some program, like XFree86, might be trying access hardware directly.

they are usually harmless and pretty much everyone gets them. Why would
your X server shut down - I have no idea as it does not report any errors
(at least none in the log you provided).

--
Dmitry