Re: Continue: psmouse.c - synaptics touchpad driver sync problem

From: Marc Waeckerlin
Date: Thu Jun 24 2004 - 04:37:44 EST

Am Mittwoch, 23. Juni 2004 17.59 schrieb Dmitry Torokhov unter "RE: Continue:
psmouse.c - synaptics touchpad driver sync problem":
> Try passing i8042.nomux to the kernel and try using your touchpad/keyboard.

External mouse does not move anymore. External keyboard still works, so that's
not the solution...

Well, I can do a long-run test with the internal touchpad/keyboard only, to
see if at least this works now better. "Unfortunately" the problems with
internal keyboard/touchpad are less frequent and less reproducible.

> If nomux does not help you may try to use
> psmouse.proto=bare

No, does not help. :-(

> or psmouse.proto=imps to disable Synaptics-specific
> extensions.

Well, IMPS seems to be completely incompatible to normal PS/2, so as expected
things get worse, means now the internal mouse jumps around like crazy.

Please note, that one of the external mice, the one I am actually testing, is
not a scroll mouse, but a normal PS/2 mouse.

Regards
Marc