Re: [ANNOUNCE] sch_ooo - Out-of-order packet queue discipline

From: Catalin BOIE
Date: Wed Jun 23 2004 - 00:34:34 EST

I risk on me:=dumb, but can you give at least one practical application for sch_ooo?
I suppose you have something on your mind...

It's a bit hard to generate out-of-order packets. You must have 2 links and some bakancing between them.
With sch_ooo you can test network protocols (including TCP) how they behave when out-of-order packets are received.
Another application is when you develop a network monitoring application (userspace) that must reports out-of-order packets.

Kalin.

--
||//'_/> WWW: http://ThinRope.net/

---