Re: RSA [patch #1]

From: James Morris
Date: Tue Jun 22 2004 - 14:52:52 EST

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004, David Howells wrote:

> > I think the way to manage keyrings is via a filesystem API, which
> > different asymmetric crypto apps can register with.
>
> I'm not sure what you're thinking of exactly. Can you elaborate?

Different kernel asymmetric crypto apps (e.g. module signature checker)
will need to be able to manage independent keyrings, and a common
filesystem API would be useful for this. e.g. during startup, some init
script loads keyrings into the kernel via /proc/crypto/keyring/app/addkey

- James
--
James Morris
<jmorris@xxxxxxxxxx>