RE: Don't want to share interrupts

From: Garreth Jeremiah
Date: Tue Jun 22 2004 - 10:43:15 EST

Thanks Jeff (quick response)

> > IRQs are assigned by firmware. Try turning on/off io-apic or ACPI.

If IRQ's are assigned by firmware then why does Windows 2K3 assign an
IRQ per port and Linux not?

If I can get Linux to assign 1 IRQ per Ethernet port then my system will
magically work (it does under Win2K3).

So, I am asking if there is a way to assign 1 IRQ per Ethernet port in
the same manner as Windows?

I have a service call in with IBM to see if there is a way I can change
from MP1.4 to MP1.1 as suggested in the SMP-HOWTO (there is no menu
option for this) and then I can use the noapic/acpi=no options, but I'd
rather not as this will limit the number of IRQ's available.

Many thanks,

(FYI no additional information has been posted because I can not get
into the machine across the network without these interfaces in order to
retrieve the files suggested in REPORTING-BUGS) and there is no floppy
permitted.