Re: Matroxfb in 2.6 still doesn't work in 2.6.7

From: Petr Vandrovec
Date: Sun Jun 20 2004 - 12:02:24 EST

On Sun, Jun 20, 2004 at 06:04:37PM +0200, Tomasz Torcz wrote:

> > If you want exactly same videomode as you use under X, you should use
> > video=matroxfb:vesa:0x11A,right:48,hslen:112,left:248,hslen:112,lower:1,vslen:3,upper:48
> > maybe with ',sync:3' if +hsync/+vsync are mandatory for your monitor.
>
> Neither one works. During kernel boot resolution is switched to 1280x1024, but
> screen become corrupted - there are some green points in upper part of
> monitor.

It works exactly as your kernel is configured. It switched to graphics, but it does
not paint your console there because you told you kernel to not do that.

> Also, the patch from platan do not compile:

And this one too - my patch needs fbcon.

> CONFIG_VGA_CONSOLE=y
> CONFIG_MDA_CONSOLE=m
> CONFIG_DUMMY_CONSOLE=y
> # CONFIG_FRAMEBUFFER_CONSOLE is not set

Enable this. Into the kernel, not as a module.

> #
> # Logo configuration
> #
> # CONFIG_LOGO is not set

And enable this, so we can find whether fbdev works or not...
Best regards,
Petr Vandrovec