Re: Toshiba keyboard lockups

From: R. J. Wysocki
Date: Sat Jun 19 2004 - 14:41:48 EST

On Saturday 19 of June 2004 20:36, Vojtech Pavlik wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 17, 2004 at 06:37:27PM -0400, Gabriel Lavoie wrote:
> > I just reinstalled Gentoo this week and the problem appeared! With
> > kernel 2.6.5- I didn't had this problem. I now have it with 2.6.6 and
> > 2.6.7. I'm using a Toshiba Satellite A20 (Canadian version).
>
> If you could track down which change between 2.6.5 and 2.6.6 makes the
> difference for you, that'd be very helpful.

I've been having such problems since approx. 2.6.5-rc2 (anyway, the release in
which the Prism54 driver appeared for the first time ;-)) on a Satellite
1400-103. However, I've found recently that it's sufficient to press the
left SHIFT after a lockup to "release" the keyboard. There may be some other
specific key or a combination of keys that helps on other Toshiba models, I
guess.

Yours,
rjw

--