Re: [sundance] Known problems?

From: Andre Tomt
Date: Sat Jun 19 2004 - 08:25:34 EST

Ian Kumlien wrote:

Hi,

I changed my networking card back to my dlink DFE-580tx (one of those 4
port 100mbit cards that uses the alta chipset). And now the watchdog
keep killing the connection.

The max bw that is being used is aprox 5.5 megabyte/s (to avoid
confusion). Has there been any work done with this recently or during
2.5/6 development? Afair i had no problems with it in 2.4.x when my
firewall used it.

CC, I'm not subscribed.

FYI;

Other than beeing a slow card with mmio-bugs, the only problems I have had with that card was when having a kernel patched with the now defunct and buggy IMQ. Problems were identical.

--
Cheers,
André Tomt