Re: acpi S3 never wakes up

From: Hamie
Date: Sat Jun 19 2004 - 05:17:36 EST

Roger Luethi wrote:

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 21:24:48 +0100, Hamie wrote:

Can anyone give me a hint as to where the kernel should be re-initialising the video?

Have you checked Documentation/power/video.txt? It's not terribly
encouraging, but it may give you some answers.

Thanks for that. I missed it. Apologies to the list for not looking more before I threw the toys. Also thanks to michal@xxxxxxxxxxxx who gave the one that works for the Thinkpad.

In case anyone else is looking, the r50p will resume from S3 when

acpi_sleep=s3_bios

is specified as a boot option.

Shame about the ATI drivers not restoring, but XOrg's X server works like a charm (Apart from no hardware 3D acceleration for the FireGL-T2). Still, I suppose I don't have a tainted kernel any more :)