Re: Stop the Linux kernel madness

From: Valdis . Kletnieks
Date: Fri Jun 18 2004 - 14:23:33 EST

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 11:23:52 PDT, 4Front Technologies said:

> It's high time people like me spoke up for standardization and some sense of
> organization. If the majority doesn't want to listen fine, it's a free world,
> but you have no right to silence me for airing my views.

Nobody moved to silence you. What he asked was:

"In light of the fact that you started flaming SuSE regarding their behavior,
when it turned out to be a *documented* way that SuSE does things (see the
README.SUSE file, point (3)), please explain why *we* should bother listening
to you, rather than just adding you to whatever style of killfile is supported
by our mail reading software?"

I may be an idiot kernel hacker, but I don't *demand* that anybody listen to
me. I *hope* that when I post, somebody with clue thinks I'm worth listening
to. Some of my patches get accepted, some get ignored, some get feedback. I
suspect that's in large degree correlated to how correct/stupid the patch is. ;)

But the only people in the Linux world that *have* to listen to me are the
customer support staff at those vendors that I've purchased a support contract.