Re: Stop the Linux kernel madness

From: 4Front Technologies
Date: Thu Jun 17 2004 - 20:58:33 EST

Bastiaan Spandaw wrote:

The distributions you named earlier all patch the kernels they ship with
their distribution.

There's only a handfull that install a vanilla kernel by default (out of
the >200 distributions available)

debian, redhat & gentoo patch their kernels.

Is your problem that a kernel is not the kernel.org vanilla version? (If
so have a fit @ debian, redhat and gentoo as well )

Redhat/Debian/Gentoo do the right thing by the kernel from www.kernel.org.

Or that Suse's does not work with your income generating product?

We can fix our problems. It's just that it's becomming a treadmill.
What's with you guys?. Would you really like to see Linux forking?

best regards

Dev Mazumdar