Re: 3ware 9500S Drivers (mm kernel)

From: Claudio Martins
Date: Tue Jun 15 2004 - 16:49:40 EST

On Tuesday 15 June 2004 22:05, Peter Maas wrote:

> My only complaints with the drivers are that smartctl doesnt work with them
> (fedora core 2), and the 3ware management tools from the 3ware cd wont work
> with the mm drivers (wont detect controller).

By the way, right now smartctl doesn't seem to work at all with SATA using
the libata drivers, because AFAIK libata hasn't been taught to pass through
the required S.M.A.R.T commands to the drive yet.

Does anyone know how difficult is this to code, or if it is necessary to
change the scsi layer as well as libata? I'm willing to assist in testing any
patches to add the possibility of using smartmontools with libata drivers.

Regards

Claudio