Re: Switching off PS/2 keyboard

From: Jan-Benedict Glaw
Date: Tue Jun 15 2004 - 15:20:55 EST

On Tue, 2004-06-15 17:16:53 +0000, Karel Kulhavý <clock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote in message <20040615171653.D6843@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On Tue, Jun 15, 2004 at 05:05:22PM +0200, Vojtech Pavlik wrote:
> > On Tue, Jun 15, 2004 at 01:28:49PM +0000, Karel Kulhavý wrote:
> > > Is it possible to switch off PS/2 keyboard support in 2.4.25 make menuconfig?
> > > I have searched through the make menuconfig and didn't find anything looking
> > > like that.
> >
> > It is only possible in 2.6.
>
> Is it possible to switch off AT keyboard in 2.4?

No. At least, not really. Of course, you'd f*ck up the interrupt handler
to not really handle the interrupt or to not deliver the fetched data...

> Is it possible to switch off AT keyboard in 2.6?

Easily, if you enable CONFIG_EMBEDDED. Just look into the Kconfig files
to see the dependancies.

MfG, JBG

--
Jan-Benedict Glaw jbglaw@xxxxxxxxxx . +49-172-7608481
"Eine Freie Meinung in einem Freien Kopf | Gegen Zensur | Gegen Krieg