Error when build linux kernel

From: ngo giang
Date: Mon Jun 14 2004 - 06:23:06 EST

Hello !

I am Ngo Hoang Giang

I installed Vmware 4.0 for Window , created a virtual
machine and installed RedHat 8.0 as a guest operating
system . I want to built kernel . I used kernel 2.4.3
and did follow :

# cp linux-2.4.3.tar.gz /home

# cd /home

# tar zxvf 1inux-2.4.19.tar.gz

# ln -sf linux-2.4.19 linux

# cd linux

# make menuconfig

# make dep

# make bzImage

but the compilation has error as follow :

timer.c : 35 conflicting types for ?xtime?
/home/linux/include/linux/sched.h:540 : previous
declaration of ?xtime?
make[2] : *** [timer.o] Error 1
make[2] : Leaving directory ?/home/linux/kernel?
make[1] : *** [first_rule] Error 2
make[1] : Leaving directory ?/home/linux/kernel?
make : *** [_dir_kernel ] Error 2

The result is similar when I tried with kernel 2.4.2
Thanks for your help ,
Ngo Hoang Giang