Re: Request: Netmos support in parport_serial for 2.4.27

From: Willy Tarreau
Date: Sun Jun 13 2004 - 23:15:04 EST

Hi Marcelo,

On Sun, Jun 13, 2004 at 07:07:27PM -0300, Marcelo Tosatti wrote:

> And two, do we really need to move parport_serial.c to drivers/char in v2.4 ?

I believe that moving a file in the stable kernel is a bad thing when it
implies moving the module, especially for people in the embedded world,
because we can imagine some of them may have a particular update mechanism
or a pre-configured modules.dep or anything like that which will need to be
changed again for this update, while it seems there is no particular reason.

But if 2.6 has it in the same directory, this could be the occasion to move
it definitely.

Just my opinion anyway ;-)

Cheers,
Willy