Re: In-kernel Authentication Tokens (PAGs)

From: Kyle Moffett
Date: Sat Jun 12 2004 - 18:41:50 EST

On Jun 12, 2004, at 18:51, Chris Wright wrote:
I don't have a good feel for the PAG data structure, perhaps the
above would turn out as overkill. The security api is commented in
include/linux/security.h, take a gander there. The blobs are specific
to the security model, and I don't yet see a need to display them to
userspace for each PAG.

Ok, well perhaps what I actually need are some extra callbacks for
security modules then. A token-group (I'm changing the term because
PAG is confused with an older patch) needs to have an access spec
indicating who can read/modify the token-group as a whole and who
can read/modify each token within it. In my emails with Andy
Lutomirski we have thought about the idea of putting the token-groups
in /proc and running all access through that way. If we do that, then it
would be very practical to just use file permissions and POSIX ACLs
to control access, in which case each token-group and token could
just use the same access-control mechanisms that are used for other
files in /proc. That would likely be the easiest path

Ok, thank you very much, that's exactly what I need. I am somewhat
new to kernel development, so finding my way around the structs is
somewhat difficult. Is there a good guide somewhere on the net that
you can point me to?
Hmm, not really. The source is best.
Ok, well thanks for pointing out linux/security.h anyway.

Thanks very much for your help!

Cheers,
Kyle Moffett