Re: [STACK] >3k call path in reiserfs

From: Chris Mason
Date: Fri Jun 11 2004 - 12:54:46 EST

On Fri, 2004-06-11 at 12:32, Hans Reiser wrote:

> Reiser4 is going to obsolete V3 in a few weeks. V3 will be retained for
> compatibility reasons only, as V4 blows it away in performance.

This would be the conservative release management you were talking about
before, right? It's going to take a considerable amount of time for v4
to obsolete v3, because it will take a considerable amount of time for
v4 to become stable under the wide range of conditions that filesystems
get used.

Please don't misunderstand this as a statement against v4, I would love
to see it be 1000x as fast as every other FS. I'm only asking for some
kind of realism in the expectations you give the users.

-chris