Re: Insults in the kernel-sources

From: alan
Date: Thu Jun 10 2004 - 16:13:38 EST

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004, Richard B. Johnson wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Jun 2004, Tobias Hirning wrote:
>
> > Hi people,
> > have you ever tried a
> > grep "insult" -i -r ./*
> > in the sourcetree of the kernel?
> > (insult must be replaced by an insult)
> > Haven't?
> > So do and think about, because the you can find to much of insults in
> > the sources.
> > Tobias
> > -
>
> Insult??? Do you mean "bad words???" Who defines what words are
> "good" or what words are "bad"?
>
> Or maybe you just learned how to use `grep` and you want to
> dazzle us all??

Isn't this a distraction that comes up about once a year? Someone
bitching about the comments in the kernel source...

Turns out the Microsoft code has just as much profanity, if not more, than
the Linux kernel source. (Of course, they have more to swear about...)

I am more concerned about how Linus is going to keep working now that he
is moving to someplace with good beer.