Re: Toshiba keyboard lockups

From: Jason Munro
Date: Thu Jun 10 2004 - 15:39:35 EST

On 2:15:12 pm 06/10/04 Oleg Drokin <green@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Fernando Paredes <Fernando.Paredes@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> FP> Applied these patches. Nothing while tail'ing /var/log/messages.
> Nothing FP> in the root console that I can see either.
> FP> Patched the source to 2.6.6. Still get the same lockups, totally
> random. FP> Any more ideas?
>
> Not sure if I have exact problem like you do, but at least I have
> something similar. Once in a while keyboard suddenly stopps working,
> touchpad still work though (I have Toshiba Satellite Pro (centrino
> based) laptop here). I figured out that if I leave the keyboard for
> some time (up to 2 minutes), it starts to work again, at least this
> was the case with XFree 4.4, during those no-keyboard times, mouse
> cursor was moving with small jumps (when keyboard works it moves
> smoothly). I upgraded to FC2 (and hence to xorg X server) today, and
> lockup happened once already, the "wait for some time" strategy did
> not work, so I remembered initially I thought this was something bad
> pressed on keyboard

I have had similar issues with a toshiba laptop keyboard with 2.6+ kernels
for awhile. I have found that repeating the last key combination pressed
will "unlock" it. No logs or dmesg entries are produced when the lockup
occurs.

Its a Toshiba Satellite 1410-S173, currently running 2.6.7-rc2-mm2

\__ Jason Munro
\__ jason@xxxxxxxxxx
\__ http://hastymail.sourceforge.net/