random fs corruption with iriver ihp-120, usb2, vfat and 2.6.5

From: Dan Hollis
Date: Thu Jun 10 2004 - 07:26:56 EST

Reply in email please, i'm not subscribed to l-k.

I guess I'm seeing the same corruption as reported in this thread:
http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-usb-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg10327.html

If I copy large files to this device and then read it back, I always
get different md5sums. And random filesystem corruption.

I've learned that the drive in this device, a Toshiba MK2004GAL is
connected directly to the usb2.0 via a cypress CY7C68310:
http://www.cypress.com/products/datasheet.cfm?partnum=CY7C68310

Anyone have a patch I can try to address the errors?

-Dan