Re: keyboard problem with 2.6.6

From: Sau Dan Lee
Date: Wed Jun 09 2004 - 03:21:28 EST

>>>>> "Valdis" == Valdis Kletnieks <Valdis.Kletnieks@xxxxxx> writes:

Valdis> The whole 'init=/bin/bash' style of recovery has been
Valdis> widely documented and often used (for instance, it's
Valdis> covered in the RHCE class and used in one of the hands-on
Valdis> labs to recover a non-booting system). That's a lot of
Valdis> people to retrain, and a lot of systems that need
Valdis> changing...

Valdis> (Trust me - if it's 3AM, and you type 'init=/bin/sh' and
Valdis> it outputs the '#' but won't take input, you WONT think of
Valdis> that kernel and initscripts change from 3 months ago...)

Explain to me how a kernel compiled with
CONFIG_SERIO=m
CONFIG_KEYBOARD_ATKBD=m
would be able to boot with "init=/bin/sh" and still have the keyboard
working.

I've just verified that "make allmodconfig", which is what many people
are tempted to do once they've learnt about it, will produce such a
.config.

--
Sau Dan LEE ???(Big5) ~{@nJX6X~}(HZ)

E-mail: danlee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx